On the island of Oahu, we are lucky enough to have the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific.
Punchbowl - in Hawaiian "Puowaina" meaning Hill of Sacrifice.
- IN THESE GARDENS ARE RECORDED
- THE NAMES OF AMERICANS
- WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES
- IN THE SERVICE OF THEIR COUNTRY
- AND WHOSE EARTHLY RESTING PLACE
- IS KNOWN ONLY TO GOD
- Leading up to Memorial Day (Decoration Day), people volunteer to make and place lei's on over 53,000 graves. (sadly as we were leaving they were doing this)
- The day Mike, Emma and I went the boy scouts were distributing the flags.
- These pictures do no justice.
- This place is so amazingly beautiful.
- "I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism.”
- –Bob Riley