Friday, January 9, 2015

10 Month Update

I cant believe how late I am with this update. Emma turned 10 months 15 days ago. 
I mine as well be doing her 11 month update instead.
Lets just get into it!

Laying down for the pictures just isn't working anymore.


~She is a standing machine! 
She can balance for about 20 seconds on her own. She is so proud of herself with a smile ear to ear. I squeal excitement after so she tends to look for that after she plops back down.


~ Emma has been grinding her teeth. The worst sound EVER!!!

~This past month I had been having trouble with her wanting to eat in her high chair. I would go to put her in and she would have a fit, and after that eating would not happen.  She just cant sit still.

~Sleeping is still ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!
We are good on our morning nap time. Once ten o'clock rolls around on the dot she is ready to lay down. Most of the time she sleeps a good hour and a half.
Afternoon nap time is pretty nonexistent. Probably one out of ten times she will let me put her down for her only to sleep about twenty minutes. 
 Bedtime is still tourer. Seven o'clock is usually the time.  She wakes up about twice between 7-10 for me to rock her back to sleep. Once midnight hits she wants nothing to do with her crib anymore. She will fall asleep in my arms but the slightest movement of me putting her back down, all hell breaks loose. It is so bad that I have resulted to sleeping in the guest bedroom with her. I know that this is probably making it worse but I have to get some sleep! 

~She is such a smiley baby. 
Except the mentioned above situation with sleeping she is never unhappy.

~She doesn't mind her lower teeth being brushed but once you turn that toothbrush upside down she is not having it anymore.

~She has been loving the little crisp treats. 
They are like crack!
When I hand her one she squeaks and shakes her legs. She likes to shove the whole thing in her mouth or feed them to Bolo.

~She still hates bananas and peaches.

~She had a runny nose for what felt like forever. After her flu shot she got sick with a fever, lost her voice and had a suffy nose.  The nose started running for almost a month. I carried around the suction thingy with me everywhere... (update) She just received her flu shot booster and as of now no runny nose.

~She loves to spin in circles when she is excited. Sitting on the floor scooting around in a complete circle not once but a few times. The cutest thing ever!

~She has also been loving real food. 
I try to give her at least one real chewing meal a day. Usually its dinner. I'm trying to get over the messiness that she will be making with feeding herself.

~She totally has the clapping, shaking head and waving down. We have been working on high fives and blowing kisses.

I cant believe how fast these past 10 months have flown by.  I am excited about her toddler years but its definitely bitter sweet knowing I will no longer have a little baby.
She will always be my little baby in my eyes though.

4 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie! Hopefully the sleep situation gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's amazing how much they grow in less than a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a doll! She has some awesome balance! Evelyn still can't stand very long. I blame it on her chunkiness!

    ReplyDelete