Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Diaper Cake

  I'm headed to a baby shower for one of my co-workers this weekend. 
Who doesn't love a baby shower?
So much fun!
And of course I totally went soo overboard buying cute stuff.
I have never done a diaper cake before and wanted to giving it a go. 
I got a few tips on the best diapers to buy from moms that have tried them all. I bought two hundred and ten of them. Hopefully that will last...what...like three days?
I also bought:
9 onesies (different sizes...and cute sayings)
2 dresses
2 bibs
3 hooded towels
2 pairs of socks
3 (heavy duty) burp rags 
2 pacifiers 
2 hair clips (Hawaiian style)
swaddle blanket (the softest one ever!)
lotion, soap, powder
&
a box of wipes (hidden in the first layer)
*Her theme is hot pink cheetah...thank you Walmart for having exactly what I needed....except, they don't carry rubber-bands. I had to go to another store for those. 
Step it up Walmart*   


I might just add one more thing at the top of the cake. 
A little stuffed animal of some sort.
Hopefully she will be able to use some of these things. Not having kids I was walking around clueless on what to buy. She isn't registered anywhere also, so it was a total guessing game on what she might have already.
Now its time to think about what dish to bring for the potluck. 
Pintrest... here I come.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks awesome! Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing, great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, if i got that as a new mom i'm pretty sure i might cry from delight! it looks fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a five tier diaper cake! its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete