Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Hawks Nest Alone

Iv been to this State Park once before with Mike so I felt comfortable going by myself with Emma. Of course it wouldn't be a complete trip on West Virginia's curvy roads without car sickness. Thank goodness I brought Emma a change of clothes. 

This outing is the place where I had come to the conclusion that I am going to volunteer at the local  Human Society.  
I miss my puppy so much and still cant seem to get myself together about it, but if I could give another puppy a chance to get out of a cage and adventure, I am going to do it.  
I contacted the shelter and asked if they ever allow dogs out of the facility on a daily basis. They told me all I would have to do is take a volunteer class, then do a walk through at the shelter and then I am good to go. 
I had my class last week, so all I have to do is the walk through. 
I am so excited to be able to give a little excitement to a four legged friend. 
I don't think we are ready to adopt and other dog yet. 
My heart is just not ready... and Mikes career might be taking us to another "difficult" place to ship a dog so it would be best not to get one yet. I say that now...because I haven't been to the shelter yet.  
I have thought about fostering also. I just think that it would be even harder to bond with...then give up. 
Once again...we will see how that goes. 

On to the hike.
The last time Mike and I were here, we came at the hike from a different way. Once we got to this waterfall we turned around and never saw the end. It was nice to come at it from the different way that I didn't get to see. 

It had been raining for a couple days so the flow was spot on. 






On the road towards this state park, there is a beautiful waterfall on the side of the road. Every time I drive this direction I have to make a quick stop. 
Cathedral Falls 
I love it went I come here and we are all alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment