Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween 2015

This was Emma's first real Halloween. Last year she was around 7 months so we didn't take her trick-or-treating. She still doesn't get the concept now but had a blast doing all the fun things that makes Halloween. 
I was a little shocked that West Virginia wasn't trick or treating on Saturday the 31st. They instead did it on the Thursday before. Thank goodness I had looked it up because there was only 4 hours intill it started. I wasn't prepared for it. I still had to get candy, have dinner done and pick Mike up from the airport. 

I also wasn't sure how many kids we would get being our first year here.
My street has only one other house with kids on it so I wasn't expecting many. 
I couldn't believe it when I saw the cars starting to line the street and kids getting out. 

We handed out candy for the first hour. 
Then turned off the lights and went to a few houses for Emma. 
 She loved going up to the houses and raising her bucket. 
 Trick or treating was a success. We gave all of our candy away and Emma seemed to have a blast. 

We didn't decorate too much this year. 
We were the only house on the street so it looked like a lot. 

We had waited to do pumpkins because Mike was out of town. 
Even though trick or treating was over, we still decided to carve pumpkins. We could at least put them out on the actual day of Halloween.
Emma painted hers. 

 The aftermath. 
 Mines on the left, Mikes on the right. 
It was another great Halloween to remember.


1 comment: