Friday, January 25, 2013

Whale Sightings & Dragon Nostrils

   Makapu'u Lighthouse Trail is always a great place to spot whales in the winter time. With summer coming quickly, we didn't want to waste anymore time and miss it again.


I am so excited I finally saw one....even though it was just the sprays.
 Needless to say I have about 100 pictures of just open water....but this 1 picture I took actually has the spray in it.  They are so far away and the sun was really bright that I couldn't really see what I was taking a picture of.
Soon...Hopefully I will be able to see one even closer.

Dragon Nostrils. We didn't hike all the way down, but it was definitely very cool. Sounds like a dragon too.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I went on a family vacation to Maui in 2005 and the best thing we did was go on a whale watch. We saw a momma and baby up close. It was incredible.

    ReplyDelete