Thursday, September 3, 2015

To Grandmothers House We Go

Emma hadn't had the chance of meeting a very special person in our family yet. 
She is the last of my grandparents so it was very important to me to have Emma, (4th generation) meet her Great Grandmother. Oma, (German) lives in Philadelphia, PA. 
That is a almost 7 hour drive from where we live. 
Mike wasn't able to come due to just starting at his new duty station, plus we don't know anyone that could watch Bolo. 
So, Emma and I jumped in the car at 4:30 am and headed on our way.
Leaving that early I thought that I would have at least 3 hours of Emma sleeping in till her normal wake up time at around 7.  
I knew I wanted to take my time with the drive. I didn't want to make my and Emma's road trip experience stressful by rushing to get there so I planned to stop and explore at least one place besides breaks for the bathroom and food. 

Our first stop that we took was in the heart of the Allegany Mountains. 
Seneca Rock is a huge rock climbing/repelling area and is all around a beautiful sight to see. 
 We ate breakfast and enjoyed the area. 
 Parts of the rocks that have fallen 



 Pretty cool info 
 The sites homestead 
What a view! 
 I was hoping that there would be some people climbing when we were there so I could put my big boy lens on and take some cool pictures of them, but being around 8 in the morning on a Wednesday...I had no such luck. 

 This place was so unbelievably beautiful. We spent a good hour here checking it all out and running some of Emma's energy out. 


 After exploring we headed back on our driving adventure. Twisting and turning through the mountains poor Emma lost some of her breakfast. She has never gotten car sick before but I could see how she could have started not to feel well driving through all the back roads. 
I stopped to clean her up and give her a rest and prayed that the freeway was coming up soon. 

Emma did so amazing on the way there. With her not feeling well, she pretty much slept the whole way. We stopped only once more after the "clean up" for lunch and gas.
We finally arrived around 4pm at my grandmas. 

2 comments:

  1. I love these photos, I hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, poor baby! But looks like you had a good stop!! I'd have been sick right there with her (although maybe not tossing my cookies). Wonder if they make motion sickness meds for kids?

    ReplyDelete