Monday, February 16, 2015

A Different Perspective

While on Ford Island, I wanted to stop and feed Emma lunch. I drove into the housing area because 9 out of 10 times there would be a small park there.
I came to a large park with a AMAZING view of the U.S.S Arizona Memorial. 
I had been to the memorial twice before 
But this time I was looking at if from the opposite side.


At 7:55am on December 7, 1941 the Japanese planes attacked.
The fight lasted less then two hours.
More then 2,500 people lost their lives.
More then 1,000 were wounded.
Almost half of the casualties occurred on the U.S.S Arizona.
It was hit 4 times by the Japanese Bombers.

This was a plaque talking about the "date which will live in infamy".



 This rock was dedicated by the Navy Club of American to all of the men and women who gave their lives.
 Just a little interesting fact: 
Elvis Presley raised $50,000 to help build this monument.  (10% of the memorials final cost)

1 comment:

  1. It def. does give you a different view of the memorial. I ran FI Bridge many times and its such a stunning feeling!

    ReplyDelete