Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Turkey Day

    Happy Thanksgiving! Its been a very enjoyable day today just being able to relax. I'm sad that we were not able to spend the day with our families but I tried to make it as close to it as possible to what we know. I cooked my first turkey ever and it actually turned out good.  We went shopping yesterday with all of Eastern North Carolina. Its amazing how people have no clue that your trying to move around them with your big cart saying excuse me and pardon me and there is no slight care what so ever to move over so you can get by. I feel like I'm so considerate of everyone else and I never receive it back at the grocery store. Oh well I guess, its probably never going to change. Anyways...
  I spent a good amount of the day checking on the turkey while it was cooking. I was getting a little nervous because it was starting to look kinda dark on the top and not anywhere else so I was constantly opened and closed the door. I finally left it alone and it ended up evening out. There was no major catastrophes which I was surprised about. It still didn't even come close to my mothers cooking but I wasn't expecting it to.


    So we are headed to bed early tonight to wake up extra early to get to all the Black Friday sales. Its our first year doing it with all the crazy people so we will see how it goes. I think everyone should do this once in their life. So 12 Am. It is.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment