Wednesday, February 29, 2012

ALOHA

  We made it! All 4 of us! Thank god! I cant believe how smooth everything went. I feel like such a idiot now with all my nerves leading up to it.

   Even-tho we didn't have to pay for out bags... we did have a fee of $100 because they were way over weight.
    We had the smallest plane ever leaving Raleigh Durhum Airport, in North Carolina. I almost didn't want to get on. 3 hour flight felt like 10.
   Landing only 15 min before our next plane boarded in Texas wasn't fun. Running trough the airport not knowing where the terminal was made me feel a little like Home Alone. The 2nd airplane was a little better. We weren't in the last row next to the bathroom, and we could actually lean our seats back and be somewhat comfortable. I still hate flying! 14 hours was worth it all when it ended.
  I think one of these island is Maui. (Just guessing)



  We picked Bolo and Sheba up at the Quarantine Facility after we got our luggage. They were so upset in their crates. 2 days in 3 different airplanes I'm sure they didn't have fun at all. Sheba has a little boo-boo on her nose, not quite sure how it happened but it doesn't really matter. I'm just glad I have 2 alive dogs. I still am in shock that all the paperwork I had work on for almost a year had no problems. I was sure that they were going to tell me that my dogs had to stay in quarantine for something I did wrong. Leaving the airport with 2 very loud barking dogs... rainbow in the distance! It felt like a good sign.              

 
    We haven't really had a chance to do anything around the island yet. Just getting settled in was our main concern at the moment. Getting the dogs situated at the place were we have to stay temporarily till we get a house.  We still have a rent-a-car so Mike has been busy trying to find a car to buy.  We went on base yesterday to pick up a form and along the way I snapped a few pictures. This is going to be a amazing drive to work everyday for him. I did hear traffic stinks tho. (grey and rainy but still beautiful)




 I cant believe that this is going to be my home for the next few years. I'm so excited to see it all. I just hope the time change affects are not going to last too long because I definitely didn't get enough beauty sleep last night  :)

15 comments:

  1. ALOHA! I'm so jealous! I would love to be stationed there. Can't wait to see more.

    And as for your travels, you most have stopped in Houston, TX. Every time I have a layer over there, the plane I was on is always late in arrival and my next flight is on the other side of the airport, taking off in 20 mins. HATE that airport. Glad everything else went so smoothly. You were very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...I do feel very lucky being here. Hopefully you and your husband can make it back here someday.

      Delete
  2. OH girl, Im missing home (hawaii) so much!! You are going to love it!! The Kbay side of the island is the beautiful side, although not as much to do on that side it is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I here that it is the most beautiful. I'm sorry you miss home. You'll just have to take a vacation soon :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome home! So happy everything went well! I totally recognize the Pali and the Kam (Kamehameha Hwy) those are my two favorite drives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) So excited to be here! No clue how to say a lot of the street signs/city's so I will have to work on that! Still cant believe my new address!

      Delete
  4. Aloha! I'm glad you guys all made it safe and sound. If you want to get out and explore the island I'd be happy to accompany you! Have you heard anything about your housing yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing yet about housing. I wish we would get lucky and get something sooner then later. I miss all of my stuff, and having mostly winter cloths with me now is not fun. I'd love a tor-guide!

      Delete
  5. Yay! Aloha and welcome to Hawaii! H3 is one of my favorite drives on the island, it's so gorgeous. I hope you guys are settling in okay. You are going to love Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous! I will be down to visit my little sis every chance I can get! Better send me lots of teaser pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh! Awesome! I'm so glad you guys got to Hawaii alright and that Bolo & Sheba made it out. Moving is quite the pain but the moment we got all our stuff from storage was the best (no more living with some other peoeple's things lol). Can't wait to see pictures of all your hawaiian adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Hawaii! We got here in November so I'm still kind of learning my way around, but it really is an amazing, perfect, beautiful place. We are so lucky to be somewhere like this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, I would love to be stationed in Hawaii one day! How was it getting your pets over there? I'm in Italy now, have about a year left, it's been good to us :) Enjoy your new home!

    ReplyDelete