Saturday, December 27, 2014

Emma's First Christmas

I was so excited this year for Emma's first Christmas. Not only for the fact that it is such a special holiday, but also to be able to play with different toys and give the old ones a break. I'm starting to hear them in my sleep.
We didn't really go all out this year with the toy buying though.  I had just a few things in mind that I knew she would like.
On Christmas Eve we usually open one present.
 She is OBSESSED with the maracas at her My Gym class so I knew she was going to love them. She actually went to bed with one in her hand. She cried different times for me to come rock her back to sleep still holding it.

On Christmas morning I took more video then pictures so this is pretty much all I have.
 She really enjoyed tasting all of the wrapping paper
 Patiently waiting.

She also really enjoys this swing at her class so I had to pick one up for home also. 
Living on base they have rules about what you can and cannot drill into the house.
Lets just say this is in our back yard and hopefully no one sees it.
 Her Aunt, Great Aunt and a special friend from home spiced up her wardrobe which she will be debuting once she puts a little more meat on those bones....and gets older. Such cute stuff!  (thank you guys <3) 

After all of the excitement we headed to the beach with THE REST OF OAHU!
I swear! 
We drove around for a good hour at one of our favorite beaches trying to find a parking spot. We ended up chalking it up and coming back on base where we posted up for some fun in the sun. 
She was LOVVVING the water. 
and I was lovvving that she is over the "eating the sand" phase.

Overall I give this Christmas a 9/10.
Being able to spend it with family would have made it absolutely perfect.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas. She looks so excited over her toys in those pictures. She looks like a very smart girl! I know it's a terrible thing to say but I feel like base housing rules are made to be broken. What is the harm of a little swing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like she is loving Christmas! :) I wouldn't worry about housing finding out, they will get over it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks like she was having a blast with all of her gifts! And if housing gives you trouble, just show them a picture of Emma having such a fun time in her swing. Who could take that away?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had such a great Christmas! I'm happy to hear Emma was all about the paper too... makes me not feel so bad that that's all Addison wanted too... lol :). Emma is a cutie! It's so hard to wrap my head around the fact you have such great weather at Christmas. It snowed here Christmas Eve (nothing stuck) and was 50˚ on Christmas day.

    ReplyDelete