Monday, December 12, 2011

Random...

   This weekend was pretty random. Friday night we celebrated a wet-down for one of the guys in Mike's class. All of my dishes were a hit at dinner. Everything went very quickly and I didn't have a chance to taste anything.  We ended up at the usual spot, The Brass Pelican. I hate that bar. Definitely a hole in the wall that always has the strangest people in it. The nice thing about it tho is that we live the closest to it so we don't have to go very far when everyone else has to drive a bit. Every weekend there is always at least 1 person that sleeps over that couldn't drive home.
   Saturday was once again nice and relaxing. I made a big breakfast for Mike and one of his friends that had slept over. We took a nap in the middle of the day (which I love) while Chicken Noodle Soup was on the stove simmering away. Its not like my mothers but I tried.  I also received an e-mail from someone that responded from a Craigslist add I put up a wile ago. It was for if someone need a dog walker. haha. So hopefully this little extra money will work out. We will see.
   Sunday we headed out for some Christmas shopping at the PX. I feel like I am getting the hang of the base a little better. Mike wanted to get all of his family something to do with the USMC. We settled on glasses. Shot /wine/ beer glasses/coffee mugs. It depended on the person which one we thought would be best for them. Santa was at the PX too so that was nice to see all the kids lined up ready to sit on his lap. I was having baby fever bad that day. We stopped by GameStop to return a few things and I ended up getting two new games. Yes, they are kids games but that's what I like. It was hair cut day too so when we got home a few of the guys came over for their weekly trims. I wish there was a bigger bathroom for me to work in. Trying to squeeze behind the chair isn't that easy when each guys has tree stumps as legs. I glad I lost a few pounds.
    Today was suppose to be a nothing day. I'm the middle of my game playing I got a phone call from one of the wives. She wanted to see if I would tag along for he husbands promotion. (the one we celebrated) So I hurried and got ready. It was interesting to see how it was done. I know a little now for when its Mikes turn.  I ended up being the photographer for them. I'm just so surprised that my camera didn't act up. The sun was setting which was a nice added touch.  Mike informed me after the ceremony a few more guys needed their hair cut. Yesterday they had scuba diving classes that took too long to they didn't have a chance to come over so  today was the day. I ordered pizza and they played video games.
   Tomorrow is the wives turn for their hair cuts. We are meeting at one's house at 9:30 for breakfast and  after that, I'm getting down to business. I just wish I had someone to cut my hair. I am in dyer need!

No comments:

Post a Comment