Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Diapers & Wipes Galore

I love baby showers!
I love looking around at all the cute things the stores have for baby's these days.
I usually go overboard because I cant choose one gift from another.

I had been asked by a few friends if they could throw mine...ekk!
Let me explain.
 I feel funny when people buy me things, and I'm not a huge fan of the "attention" that a party comes with. I never had a wedding shower, except for a little get together with my coworkers from my last job and that was so great, but still it becomes a little uncomfortable when all eyes are on me and they are using their hard earned money at my expense.

A couple of Mikes coworkers knew (because of their wives) that I wasn't thrilled about a baby shower for myself, so they decided to have a guys night instead for him. 
So what it came down to was a poker/cigar/beer/diaper party. 

It was so nice that everyone got together and did this for us.
 I'm not sure how long this stash is going to last, but it definitely looks like a good start.

4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! Yay for wonderful people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I think diapers and wipes are the best gifts! Then you can use those saved dollars to buy cute outfits and big ticket items :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so awesome!!! my mom wants to throw me a baby shower next month. I definitely dont mind having a shower, but i'm nervous that all people will get me are clothes! i need useful things like diapers and wipes!

    ReplyDelete