Sunday, January 12, 2014

I Love Weekends

Weekends are never long enough!!!
I always try to plan at least one thing that I can check off my list of things I need do on island while we are still here. 
Sometimes it goes as planed...and sometime it doesn't. 

Such a beautiful day out I made Mike pull over, eventho I already have a millon pictures of this view.
 I had a hike planned this weekend, but you never know what your going to get when you travel to the other side of the island.
It could be the sunniest day with not a cloud in the sky, but once you make your way to the other side of the Koolau mountains, it is all up in the air.
Today was not our luck.
We parked at the hike, changed shoes, and headed to the trail head...just as the rain started to pour! 
This particular hike is muddy and semi dangerous as is, without the downpour.
We decided to make our way to lunch instead, and save this hike for a less wet day.

Rainbow Drive-in has been featured on TV a couple of times. 
Dinner, Drive-in, and Dives.
Unique Eats.
They are known for their plate lunches. 
Plate lunch = scoop of white rice, scoop of  mac salad and your choice of a meat.
I decided to get the boneless chicken.
Not a good choice I guess.
so fatty!
Its OK, all the reviews say that its terrible food but you should come for the experience.
Once and only.
Long needed beach day.
 Regular sight in Hawaii.
I wish Bolo could be this chill.
There are lookouts all along the Oahu's coast just waiting for people to stop and take photo's.
Exploring more of them rather then just staying at the top gets you pictures that are extra beautiful. 
Still no whales sightings.
Till next weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. How lucky you are to live in such a beautiful place! I wish I had time to enjoy weekends here in San Diego and explore all the sights...I work every weekend so I never get the time to do anything anymore. So I read blogs about other peoples fun instead!
    -Miranda
    http://hurryupandwaitusmc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete