Sunday, February 2, 2014

My Ten Way's to get Ready for Baby Time

1.Nursery
I had a vision in my head what my nursery was going to look like, and this wasn't really it. I wish we would have been able to paint, but with us leaving in less then a year it really wouldn't be worth it. I have to say, it was really quite hard to find the colors I was looking for here in Hawaii. All the baby girl stuff was pink and purple. Amazon was a success, but all the stuff I wanted to purchase included a huge shipping and handling fee....even with Prime.
Its pretty much done..I want to add a few pictures to put on the shelves of family but other then that, this is it! 

 2.Clean and Groomed Puppy 
Someone got a bath, ears cleaned, nails trimmed and teeth brushed. He's ready!
3.Hospital Bag
~Nighty and Robe
~Nursing Bra's
~Granny Panties
~Warm Socks
~Tank Top
~Comfy Shorts
~Toiletries- toothbrush/paste, shampoo/conditioner, soap, razor, Q-tips, lotion, deodorant, brush, bobby pins/hairband 
~Pads
~Dress (for the ride home)
~Camera/Batteries
~Phone Charger
~2 Newborn Onesies
~2 Swaddles
~1 Footie Pj's 
~Baby Hat
~Newborn Diapers & Wipes
~Boppy
~Paci
~Mittens

4.Laundry, Laundry, Laundry
I have washed everything that could possible put into the washing machine.

5.Tidy House
This is a weekly chore for me...but going the extra step. Moving furniture, dusting (my least favorite thing to do) and organizing.

6.Freezer Meals
People talk about making a lot of meals in advance and freezing them for when you get home from the hospital and don't want to cook. This is kinda hard for me. I have a hard time eating leftovers. So I am going to be buying more meals that we can just stick in the oven (ex: Stoffers Lasagna)  and make a quick vegetable for the side.

7.Car Seat Inspection
 We are headed to a baby class soon where we will have someone double check that we have done it right.

8.Maternity Photo's
I recently had a amazing shoot with a good friend. I couldn't have asked for better pictures. She is awesome! 
9.Last Minute Shopping
My last shopping list at the baby store to pick up anything that I have forgotten.

10.Date Night
Mike and I try to have one date night a week. With Valentine's Day coming up we will probably just make that our last "big" date night where we will try a new restaurant and splurge.

5 comments:

  1. The nursery is absolutely amazing!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its getting close and looks like your pretty much ready!!!AAAHHH Bet your getting so so excited!!!! The Nursery looks great my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! Our fate in Hawaii is hanging in the tandem...we may or may not be moving back to the mainland by the end of the month, so I've been holding off on the nursery decorating. The anticipation is killing me!

    Your baby girl will be so comfy in that room :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in full nesting mode! I love the colors in your nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the room! hopefully you share some of the maternity photos :)

    ReplyDelete