Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend Recap

   This weekend was pretty eventful. Mike wanted to take it easy on Friday night just because he needed to sleep. He had been up doing his breif for the past four day's, so he wanted to get a little decent shut eye finally. 
    Saturday, we didn't want to stay in the house all day so we took a ride to Jacksonville mall. (people watching is great there) Walked around a bought a few things that we didn't need. After that, Mike wanted to have lunch at Fire Station Subs. I had never been there before so I didn't know what to get. So many options... I ended up with the cheese steak, which was a good choice.  Dinner time, we headed to Wilmington with another couple. The Copper Penny, was the destination. Our second time there and it still did not disappoint.(parking sucks tho) We stayed there for awhile after our meal. Lots of laughing and having a good time.
    Chick-Fil-a was open on a Sunday at my house yesterday. I saw the recipe for the nuggets on Pintrest and had to give them a try. I hurried up and defrosted the chicken because lunch time was upon us. The recipe said to marinate the chicken for 2-4 hours but I of course didn't have time to do that. Also it says to use a deep fryer, and mine is in storage in Hawaii, so that wasn't a option either. So of course I wasn't trilled with the out come, but Mike didn't seem to mind.(they were all gone)
A few of the guys came over for their haircuts like normal. The Pro Bowl was on too so another couple stayed a watched the game. Mike and I were really having a fat day because dinner was pizza. Ill definitely need to start dieting or no bathing suits in Hawaii!
The good byes started last night. The couple are moving to Camp Pendleton on Wednesday. I cant believe its finally starting. These months went so fast.
    When Sheba went to vet on Thursday for her refill on her pills. I was told that they do not carry prescription and that I would have to order them over the internet and then they would be mailed to me. I ordered them as soon as I could but due to it being the weekend, they haven't come yet. So she had her last pill on Saturday, and last night I could totally tell that those pills are desperately needed! She was up all night being very vocal and pacing while bumping into everything. I ended up sleeping on the couch with her bed next to me trying to comport her. I hope those pills arrive soon, I don't know if I can do another long night like that.
   Today I am heading to take Grace out. Also Mike has a new brief that is due on Wednesday so I probably wont see him till then. I need to drop off a few things he needs. (socks, toothbrush,...) Also I'm going to try to start packing up the things that will be shipped next week.We have to pack everything that we can not carry on the plane. Living for a month without things that we are use to will be quit a bit of a change (no more coffee maker for Mike)  I cant believe it really happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment