Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Summersville lake

I had really been itching to get out and check this lake out. There are always so many beautiful photos in Instagram that I see of this lake. 
Finally, I drove the winding road out so see for myself.  

This lake is extremely popular with boats, kayaks, fishing, swimming and camping in the summer months. 
When I went...it was dead.
They close the dam off so the water flows into the river instead of the lake for the white water rafting season.
So, where the tree line was is where the water should be. It was still beautiful there but know where near what it would be like in its full potential. 


Long Point

The rafting river 

Such a beautiful place that we will definitely be returning to this summer. 

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful! I think how different everything will be when the water is near the tree line.

    ReplyDelete